All of our off-road events are held on Crown Land, public trails and/or Privately owned trails we have been afforded permission to use. Highway driving will be necessary to reach the trails or to venture from one trail to another. As such, all Rigs involved in any Durham 4×4 Wheeling Event MUST meet all M.T.O. requirements for driving on public roads. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
By participating in any Durham4x4 Event, you are digitally signing the following…
You are responsible for your actions while driving and participating in this event. You must decide your driving ability and what you and your vehicle are capable of doing. The Durham4x4 Off-Road Club is not responsible for any accidents. In consideration of participation in any event sponsored, promoted or directed by The Durham4x4 Off-Road Club, (the “Club”), the undersigned for himself, his personal representative, heirs, and next of kin HEREBY RELEASES the Club, its’ officers, directors, promoters, sponsors, trail guides, employees and agents of the Club, as well as the owners of the property upon which the event is held, of all liability to the undersigned, whether caused by the negligent act, or omission of the Club or otherwise while the undersigned is for any purpose participating in such an event. The undersigned acknowledges that there is inherent risk associated with events, including damage to vehicles, and the undersigned fully assumes the risks involved. IN ADDITION, the undersigned AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS the Club from any loss, liability damage, or cost he or she incurs due to such participation by the undersigned, whether caused by the Club’s negligence or otherwise and AGREES TO ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK for any bodily injury, death, or property damage from the Club’s negligence or otherwise while the undersigned is participating in this event. By executing this instrument, you further authorize the Club to use your name, photos of you and/or your vehicle for the publicity, advertisement, endorsements, magazine articles or as deemed appropriate for off road motor sports. In signing this release, the undersigned hereby acknowledges and represents the following:
1. That he/she has read the foregoing Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement, and has been afforded the opportunity to confer or speak with an attorney.
2. That he/she has at all times, while riding in a vehicle participating in this event, wear his or her respective seat and shoulder belts, helmet and/or other applicable safety equipment.
3. That his or her vehicle is in good mechanical condition; and
4. That he or she has informed himself/herself about the event and trail involved in the event, either by prior participation or investigation into the event and trail.
5. That he/she will not allow anyone else to ride or drive entered vehicle unless said person has signed this Liability Release Waiver form.
6. The undersigned acknowledges that he or she is aware that the Club assumes no duty to supervise the activities of any participant, spectator, or any other individual. The club assumes no liability for the acts or omissions of any such individuals. ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL! NO EXCEPTIONS! You will be asked to leave the premises without refund if you are suspected of using alcohol or drugs during trail ride events. Also, if you are behaving in any manner that might be putting others in danger, you will be asked to leave the premises. PLEASE BE SAFE AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE TRAILS AND THEIR DIFFICULTY PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING IN ANY EVENT!! PLEASE RESPECT OTHERS AND THE LANDOWNERS OF THE PROPERTY YOU ARE ON.